So, we have a ton of cool little bits of information from the Developer BlizzChat, see here for the full details. But whilst a lot of people are getting worked up over the changes to their class, I’ve been more struck by those fun little touches they’ve hinted at. Here’s a quick post on the tidbits of flavour that I found most exciting:
– Forget that pony Ghostcrawler promised you, looks like we might get camel mounts in Uldum! Win.
– Speaking of mounts, we will all be able to purchase 310% flying speed as a new rank of flying. Hold on tight!
– There will be a UI overhaul of the standard spellbook, talents pane, professions pane and nameplates. They will also rework the default raid UI at some point, although they don’t know if they’ll have that complete by Cataclysm’s launch, it might turn up in a patch. Now the question is: which ui mods out there will they draw inspiration from?
– Ragnaros is still wielding Sulfuras (or perhaps the original version as opposed to the copy players forged?). Its hinted we may be able to loot it, or a similar fireball-proccing mace once again!
– Goblins have a section in Orgrimmar where they sit in deckchairs by a lake full of used oil drums. Sounds like a nice place to sip a Kungaloosh!
– They mention cleaning up the radiation in Gnomeregan once its been retaken. Do they mean just the top layers that will be reclaimed in the pre-Cata events, or will the whole city eventually be able to be completely retaken?
– Stonetalon Mountains is described as being unrecognisable to its current state. Seems the Goblins up there have been really busy! Quite frankly I’m glad, it was a pretty boring zone.
– Western Plaguelands will see less plague and a Scourge retreat. It’s not the first time we’ve heard this, but its interesting. The chat refers to the zone still being dangerous, does that mean different dangers to the Scourge? I’m hoping this means we’ll see a greater Scarlet Crusade presence in the zone, I really like killing those guys in the face!
– Balance Druids get Solar Beam, which works like Freya’s spell where it instantly silences a target and they have to move out of the beam to get rid of the debuff. Ok, this IS a class change, but it’s so cool I thought it was worth mentioning! The idea of a Troll Druid gets more appealing everyday. Between this and Pallies getting Blinding Shield there’s going to be a lot of sun-tanned people with migraines in Azeroth!
So whilst there’s nothing game-altering here, its good to see that Blizzard have their eye on the small details. The zone changes are the most exciting for me, and in the notes the developers do say that whilst they are putting a lot of work into the 80-85 content, they expect people will be really enjoying the changes to the old world. I know its whats got me revved up for the expansion. What got you most excited from the developer chat?